Monday, January 21, 2008

Our Trip to Manila!


Joy, Dai Eve and I set out from home on a 4-day adventure to Manila. We had several purposes for the trip: renew Eve's visa for Taiwan, visit our colleagues in Manila, take a few days out for fun, and for me, to reconnect with a good friend from college.


Precept Manila is overseen by Ann Dy and Natalie Tan. Ann (seated with me) treated us all to a wonderful Filipino dinner in the restaurant at her bank (where she is a director). Natalie (2nd from r. in front) served as our airport transportation, tour guide, hostess and all around wonderful companion for our first day and a half.


We enjoyed seeing the suite of office, classrooms and storage that serve Precept Manila. This suite is located in one of the bank buildings. What a wonderful provision from God!


Scott and Cindy (my college friend) run a medical clinic which focuses on training people to do jungle medicine. They have a combination of local people and missionaries coming to them for 4 months at a time. They also offer a free clinic three times every week.


I thought Taiwan traffic was chaotic until I visited Manila!

No comments: