Thursday, April 05, 2007

Launch of Rural Outreach


From the time I returned from England/N. Ireland and Christmas was past, I found myself caught up in a whirlwind of visits to the rural churches that Precept Taiwan hoped to be able to help. In each case, I came to the church and led whatever people were gathered together, in an introductory study in one of the Precept 40 Min. Series Bible studies. The purpose was to sort of "test the waters" in each place and determine what would be the most helpful.
My visits took me to Orchid Island, and churches in Miaoli and Ilan Counties. I visited five churches in all. Each church had about 10 people attend the intro studies. There was a variety of receptions and levels of readiness. The impression I came away with is that some of the churches will benefit from immediately beginning to use the 40 Min. Series to study the Bible. There are some churches that really need something a bit more basic to get them going. I am asking God to help me to prepare the basic materials so that we can continue to help these churches. God desires for all of His children to know the truth. So, we take it to them in a form that is attainable for them.

No comments: