Thursday, December 21, 2006

Back to Cheadle...and then home!

It was hard to leave N. Ireland.....everyone had made me feel so much a part of things. I expect that it won't be my last visit. How could I not go back to visit my new little sister (and all her lovely siblings, the very large labrador, and of course all of my friends at Precept N.Ireland?



Mags was waiting for me when I de-planed and she spent the next three days treating me like royalty. I had so many special Christmas treats.....minced pie, Christmas pudding, Christmas cake, etc., etc.....The Christmas markets in Manchester were so much fun to walk through.





Then the day driving through the Peak District really topped everything by way of scenery. It made all of the British novels I have read come alive in my imagination.

Sunday's early communion service at St. James was a very moving time. It sort of culminated the sense that I had been aware of for two weeks...God was blessing me with kindness after kindness. He loves us so much! It was so hard to say goodbye at the airport, but it was so good to be back home. One of those paradoxes (what is the plural form of paradox?) that we live with all the time.

No comments: