Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A Surgical Adventure


After 27 years living in Taiwan, I have had my first hospital stay! It was a blessing to have friends care for me and the good hospital/medical care that is available here.


I was not feeling so hot for several hours after surgery. The bed made my back ache and the anesthetic made me nauseated. But, God helped me through (with lots of moaning and tears). A nurse friend says she has seen healthier looking corpses!



The next morning I felt like a new person and my color certainly looks better! I left hospital just about 24 hours after returning to my room from the recovery room. I was kindly hosted for three nights in Taipei by mission friends and colleagues....that gave me a very quiet three days to do more recuperating before having to make the trip back to Hsinchu (1+ hour car trip). I am home now and getting stronger each day. Dr. says to be careful for 6-8 weeks....no heavy lifting and LOTS of rest. I am taking it as a gift from God....time to focus on Him.

No comments: